Show All Answers
1. The mobile food vendor vehicle shall be no more than:a. 8,000 kilograms in weight;b. 2.5 metres in width; and, c. 9.75m in length.
2. The mobile food vendor vehicle must be clean, well-lit, and aesthetically pleasing in appearance.
3. The mobile food vendor vehicle shall supply its own power and water source. Generators are permitted providing they do not cause a disturbance.
4. Overhead canopies or doors shall not obstruct or hinder pedestrian traffic.
5. Placement of any furniture associated with the mobile food vendor operation is not permitted.
6. The mobile food vendor operation plan shall be adhered to at all times.
7. Operation of the mobile food vendor vehicle at any special event or festival may only be permitted if the following conditions are met:a. The vendor submits a special event operation request to the Development Officer at least three business days prior to the commencement of the special event or festival;b. permission from the special event or festival coordinator has been obtained and submitted to the Development Officer; and,c. the Development Officer approves the special event operation request.
8. Storage of the mobile food vendor vehicle on-street is prohibited.
9. All elements associated with the mobile food vendor vehicle and its operations shall not cause any vehicular or pedestrian obstructions or hazards.
10. Mobile food vendor operations shall not create any disturbance or nuisance, including but not limited to noise, vibration, smoke, dust, odour, air pollution, heat, glare, bright light, hazardous or unacceptable waste. Lights, sounds or actions which may be a distraction for motorists and/or pedestrians are not permitted.
11. Operations of the mobile food vendor vehicle shall be conducted in a manner that does not restrict or interfere with the ingress or egress of the adjacent property owner or constitute an obstruction to adequate access by fire, police or sanitation vehicles.
12. Vendors shall clean up within a 6.0 metre radius after service at a location.
13. All mobile food vendors are required to maintain a location log that tracks the time and duration of the mobile food vendor vehicle at each location. This location log shall be made available to the Development Officer upon request, and a copy of the location log must be submitted to the Development Officer annually.