Alberta Public Health Order
March 27, 2020, the Government of Alberta announced that mass gatherings are now limited to 15 people and restrictions have been placed on specific types of businesses.
Non-essential businesses have been ordered to close, including:
Non-essential retail services
Albertans are prohibited from accessing retail, clothing and gaming stores, including book stores, hobby stores and antique stores. These businesses may choose to offer online shopping and curb-side pick-up.
Restaurants, cafes and bars
- All dine-in services are prohibited. Take-out, delivery and drive-through service is still permitted.
- Albertans are prohibited from attending bars and nightclubs, where law prohibits minors.
- Restaurants in a food court may stay open for take-out only (no seating).
- Licensed facilities are permitted to deliver liquor.
Close-contact personal services
Albertans are prohibited from accessing close contact personal services, including personal services facilities, cosmetic enhancement services, wellness studios and clinics, non-emergency and non-critical health services.
For a full list of applicable services, visit: https://www.alberta.ca/restrictions-on-gatherings-and-businesses.aspx
The 15-person limit does not apply to certain services or facilities, including:
- grocery stores
- shopping centres (access is prohibited to retail stores listed above)
- health care facilities
Workplaces that are not otherwise restricted or ordered to close can have more than 15 workers on a work site as long as they follow all public health guidelines, including physical distancing measures, hygiene enforcement, and processes that ensure that any person who is ill does not attend these spaces.
Resources and supports for businesses
Is your business still providing non-contact goods or services?
Let us know on Facebook.com/ShopCochrane.
Our Business Development department is available to support Cochrane businesses. To contact our team to discuss challenges you may be facing, please email email@example.com
The situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, with more cases in Alberta and Canada. The health and well-being of our community is a top priority.
If you’re concerned about your own health or symptoms, call HealthLink at 811.
2020-2030 Business Development Strategic Plan
Town Council showed their commitment to local business development and innovation by approving the 2020-30 Business Development Strategic Plan at their meeting Monday February 24, 2020.
The plan outlines four main business development strategies:
- Proactively promote the innovation sector in the Town of Cochrane.
- Proactively strengthen relationships with existing businesses groups, companies and major developers in Cochrane.
- Proactively plan and implement initiatives to enhance Historic Downtown Cochrane.
- Provide consultation and support for other Town initiatives, projects and processes that enhance Cochrane’s economic ecosystem.
Cochrane Business Development is a proud partner of Cochrane Dollars. Find out more about the local figures and landscapes featured on the bills, security features, and how you can use Cochrane’s local currency at CochraneDollar.ca.
Business development supports community economic growth through business attraction, retention programs, expansion and entrepreneur support. We attract economic investment to support and expand the existing business community.
Economic Vision Statement for Cochrane
Create a vibrant, thriving and complete economy, where a wide variety of employment and business opportunities draw local, national and international talent, business and investors.
Contact Cochrane Business Development via email today to find out how we can get you started!
- Research the local business climate and industry trends
- Identify customers and competitors
- Uncover local opportunities
- Find available properties
The microsite also helps you ask the right questions, analyze the data and make better business decisions.
Business Development Email List
Join our mailing list and you will receive our monthly newsletter with events and information related to business and economic development in Cochrane.