The Western Rocky View Family and Community Resource Centre, is partnered with Cochrane Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) to provide local and regional resource information, referrals and in-home support services to families and individuals within the Rocky View County, including Bragg Creek, Springbank and Bearspaw.
The Western Rocky View Family and Community Resource Centre provides the following programs:
- Information and Referral - Our Resource workers provide support, information and referrals for people experiencing challenges meeting their basic needs, managing finances, coping with significant changes in their lives, or stresses in their personal or family relationships.
- Community Support Program - Outreach, information, support and referrals to individuals and communities in rural areas. Check out the Community Support E-Newsletter.
- Home Visitation Program - In partnership with Calgary and Area Child and Family Services Authority, the Resource Centre provides in-home services. This is a voluntary and free community-based service for families with children between the ages of birth to six. The program uses prevention and early intervention strategies designed to promote healthy child development and enhance family strengths, as well as assisting families in accessing community resources.
- Family Support Worker - The worker provides parenting support, parenting skills coaching, child development information referrals for families.
- Respite Caregiver - This service provides short-term childcare for families experiencing a significant crisis. The parent is able to take a short break for self-care while the children are looked after by the Respite Caregiver. Information and referrals are also provided by the service.
- Community Access Resource (CAR) Program - CAR is a local area subsidized transportation program for people who qualify. This program is in partnership with the United Way of Calgary and Area and Cochrane FCSS. Transportation can be used to access social programs and necessities that increase a sense of communication connection and reduce isolation. For more information and to access this program, phone the Western Rocky View and Community Resource Centre at 403-851-2250.
- Financial Information and Resource Management (FIRM) Program - basic budgeting and financial coaching.
- Elder Abuse Support Program - for older adults experiencing harm or distress within family or other relationships of trust.
- Safe Coach Program - for youth ages 13-24 and their parents when conflict puts youth at risk of homelessness.
- Legal Resource Centre - information sessions on family law and other matters (no criminal law).
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program - Qualified volunteers with Revenue Canada take appointments to complete personal income tax forms for those earning under $45,000 per family or $35,000 for individuals. Call the Resource Centre at 403-851-2250 for information and to make an appointment.
The Parent Link Centre provides additional parenting services through the Triple-P Program. This program is for parents of children ages birth through 16 years old residing in Cochrane and the Rocky View County area. This unique parenting program is designed to give parents practical information and advice on positive approaches to parenting.
For this and other parenting services contact the .
Let's Touch the Skies Final Report - October 2013
Poverty Reduction Consultations