ThE Resource Centre
The Western Rocky View Family and Community Resource Centre: Serves Cochrane and Western Rocky View County.
With Community Members: To provide or connect Families and Individuals with services to meet their Instrumental, psycho-social and safety needs, and support their and their family's well-being and healthy development.
With Community Partners: To provide leadership and facilitate stakeholder collaboration that increases the capacity of local and regional service providers to identify and address gaps in services that support community members meet their needs.
Our Programs Are:
Respectful, Inclusive, Supportive, Strength Based, Trauma Informed and Build Capacity
How we can help you:
- Access to Essential Needs Support: food hamper program, subsidized taxi program, emergency clothing and furniture referrals, budgeting and financial management program
- Elder Abuse Support Program: for older adults experiencing harm or distress within family or other relationships of trust
- Family Support Program: Family Support Worker and Family Relief Worker provide parenting support and/or relief childcare to parents with children from birth to age 6
- Financial Information and Resource Management (FIRM) Program: basic budgeting and financial coaching
- Healthy Relationships Program: for men or women struggling with abuse in their intimate relationships
- Legal Resource Centre: information sessions on family law and other legal matters (no criminal law)
- Rural Outreach Program: for residents of Western Rocky View County - Bragg Creek, Beaupre, Bearspaw, Springbank and Westbrook
- Safe Coach Program: for youth ages 13-24 and their parents when conflict put youth at risk for homelessness
- Referrals to other community services