The Resource Centre
November 21, 2019
SERVICE FUNDING UPDATE
We received notification that the provincial grants that fund the Western Rocky View Family & Community Resource Centre, Home Visitation program and Parent Link Centre are ending March 31, 2020 and will not be renewed.
We have the opportunity to re-apply for funding through the Government of Alberta’s new Family & Community Resiliency Division which aims to offer a consistent province-wide approach to prevention and early intervention through the new Well-Being & Resiliency Framework.
Over the next few weeks, we are focusing on strategic planning, aligning our services with the new framework and preparing our grant applications.
Please note: while these processes are underway, it’s business as usual for us until March 2020.
Grant applications will be reviewed, and decisions finalized by mid-March 2020. If we receive any more info before then, we’ll do our best to keep you updated.
November 6, 2019
FUNDING CHANGES ANNOUNCED FOR PLC, RESOURCE CENTRE AND HOME VISITATION PROGRAM
We were notified by Alberta Children’s Services via letter yesterday that the funding process is changing.
IMPORTANT: All current Parent Link Centre (PLC), Resource Centre and Home Visitation programs continue and will remain in place at least until the end of March 2020.
Future funding decisions will be made by Alberta Children’s Services based on responses to expressions of interest. The requests for expressions of interest will be released November 7.
Cochrane staff will take a close look at the new process and the requirements so we can apply for funding under the new model.
The Town’s goal is to continue to deliver programs for children and families in our area. We are optimistic that programs and services delivered by Cochrane PLC and Western Rocky View Resource Centre align with the provincial framework.
Read the full news release.
The Western Rocky View Family and Community Resource Centre: Serves Cochrane and Western Rocky View County.
With Community Members: To provide or connect Families and Individuals with services to meet their Instrumental, psycho-social and safety needs, and support their and their family's well-being and healthy development.
With Community Partners: To provide leadership and facilitate stakeholder collaboration that increases the capacity of local and regional service providers to identify and address gaps in services that support community members meet their needs.
Our Programs Are:
Respectful, Inclusive, Supportive, Strength Based, Trauma Informed and Build Capacity
How we can help you:
- Access to Essential Needs Support: food hamper program, subsidized taxi program, emergency clothing and furniture referrals, budgeting and financial management program
- Elder Abuse Support Program: for older adults experiencing harm or distress within family or other relationships of trust
- Family Support Program: Family Support Worker and Family Relief Worker provide parenting support and/or relief childcare to parents with children from birth to age 6
- Financial Information and Resource Management (FIRM) Program: basic budgeting and financial coaching
- Healthy Relationships Program: for men or women struggling with abuse in their intimate relationships
- Legal Resource Centre: information sessions on family law and other legal matters (no criminal law)
- Rural Outreach Program: for residents of Western Rocky View County - Bragg Creek, Beaupre, Bearspaw, Springbank and Westbrook
- Safe Coach Program: for youth ages 13-24 and their parents when conflict put youth at risk for homelessness
- Referrals to other community services