Resources & Referral

Community Resource Workers

The Community Resource Workers provide emotional support, information on a variety of topics, connections to basic needs such as food hampers and housing, and referrals such as community support, shelters or education. Please contact the Community Resource Worker at 403-851-2250.

Equipment Loans 

The Family and Community Resource Centre has several pieces of equipment available for use by non-profit groups. Groups using the equipment must be compatible with the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) service mandate. Items available for rent include: 

  • Public announcement system
  • Flip charts
  • Projector screen
 Government Forms
Alberta Works / Social Services (Income Support) has a satellite office located in Cochrane (the main office is located in Canmore). The Cochrane office is open for pre-arranged appointments on Wednesdays (phone 310-0000 to book your appointment). Therefore, the Family and Community Resource Centre provides a large variety of government forms. If you require one of these forms, please drop by the Family and Community Resource Centre at FCSS. Available forms include:
  • Alberta Blue Cross
  • Child Care Subsidy
  • Child Health Benefit
  • CPP Child's Benefit
  • CPP Retirement Pension
  • Old Age Security
  • Request for Corporate Services
  • Social Insurance Number
  • Special Needs Assistance for Seniors
  • Income Support Package
In addition, the Parent Link Centre provides additional parenting services through their Triple-P Program. This program is for children ages zero through 16 years old residing in Cochrane and the Rocky View County area. This unique parenting program is designed to give parents practical information and advice on positive approaches to parenting.

In four 90-minute sessions, parents learn to promote their child's healthy development and gain strategies to deal with a wide variety of common behavioural difficulties and development concerns.