The Town of Cochrane is making changes to Centre Avenue as part of a larger project plan to reduce traffic congestion and improve community connectivity in Cochrane. Town Council identified these goals as being critical to planning for Cochrane’s future.
The redesign and construction of Centre Avenue will provide immediate traffic flow benefits for residents, commuters and visitors using this corridor during peak times:
- Centre Ave map with detailed changes (PDF)
The project has two phases.
Phase 1: 2020
- Repainted Centre Avenue to add one new southbound lane between Highway 1A and First Street
- Removed of on-street parking on Centre Ave
- Changed residential street access off Centre Avenue; intersections at Mountain Street, William Street, Second Street and all alleyways off Centre Avenue are now right-in/right-out access only – Powell Street remains an all-turns intersection
- COMPLETED in the spring of 2020
Phase 2: TBD
- Construction of ultimate Centre Ave widening to four lanes from Highway 1A to Railway Street.
The Town is committed to sharing project information in a timely manner. Please contact us at TownProjects@cochrane.ca if you have questions or concerns.