- You Are Here:
- Seniors on the Bow Centre
- Seniors' Week Bingo
Seniors' Week Bingo
Daily Branding Calls (PDF)
If you miss the daily calls on the radio at 8:15am and 3:15pm, check here after the last set of calls to see what you missed.
Learn about Cochrane’s history and win prizes! Cochrane Now, Cochrane’s radio station on 91.5 will be announcing different brands at 8:15am and 3:15pm every day from June 8 -12.
Pick up your bingo starting June 1 card at:
- Two Pharmacy: #105,100 Grande Blvd, Cochrane
- Stockmen’s Library: Call: 403 932-3782 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you miss the radio broadcast, check this web page for daily call outs.
- Brand names will be read as listed by Alberta Livestock Identification Services. See website.
- How to Read a Brand - Brands are read from left to right, from the top down or from the outside to the inside. - If a letter or symbol is made backwards from its normal position, it’s read as a reverse. - If a letter lies horizontally on its face or back, it is called lazy. - Curves not attached to letters are known as quarter circles - Letters or symbols formed together are called monogram, except when one is below the other. In that case, the lower symbol is said to be hanging. - Some of the common symbols used are bar, half diamond, quarter circle. - If a letter is upside down it will be called inverted. - A bar is called running if it is before or after the character, and is just a bar if above.
- Brands will be called on the Cochrane Now radio station 91.5 FM, at 8:15 am and 3:15 pm from June Monday June 8 to Friday June 12, 2020.
- If you miss the radio calls, brands will be posted on the Stockmen’s Memorial Foundation website www.smflibrary.ca and FCSS website https://www.cochrane.ca/bingo each day.
- Prizes Awarded for:
- first person to call with a 5 brand line either diagonal, vertical, horizontal or across
- first person to call with an X (All spaces called from corner to corner, through Running Iron/Free space)
- first person to call with an upright H (All spaces called in left column, third row, and right column)
- first person to call with an outside square (all outside spaces called)
- first person to call with a blackout (all spaces called) See Stockmen’s Memorial Foundation and FCSS website for prizes.
- If you get a bingo, hurry and call the Stockmen’s Memorial Foundation ASAP at 403-932-3782. If it is after hours, please leave a message with your name and phone number, time you called and the Bingo Card ID. It is possible that there may be more than one winner, so the fastest caller wins the prize!!!
- Prize winners will be notified by phone from the Stockmen’s Memorial Foundation staff and posted on the Stockmen’s Memorial Foundation and FCSS websites as above. Please be advised that Prize winners names will be published, and by giving us your name and phone number, you consent to this.
- Age 50+
- $50 gift card from Two Pharmacy and a $50 gift card from Guy’s Café and Bakery
- Anything Grows: $50 gift card, herb garden pots, watering can, gardening gloves and a decorative box to hold seed packets
- Tony’s Work and Western Wear: Blanket, puzzle, western notepad
- Great Things in Store: Puzzle, adult coloring book, sketch set (pencils and colored pencils) and a multi-functional head wear buff
- Kitchen Boutique: Variety of soaps, lotion, tea towel and pot holder
Cochrane Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) can help if you have questions or are needing support or resources. FCSS can help with: access to food, housing support, information on financial benefits, supportive counselling, parenting support, seniors support and mental wellness activities. Call FCSS at 403-851-2250 Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm. For after hours’ support on evenings and weekends contact: Cochrane and Area Victim Services 1-877-557-1998.
No purchase necessary to play bingo! Games are open to all Alberta residents in the name of fun for seniors’ week! Prize winners will be contacted by phone, and prizes will be distributed within 30 days of the winners being announced. Winners consent to having their name publicized. By playing Stockmen’s Branding Bingo you release any claim against Facebook, Instagram, Town of Cochrane, FCSS, Cochrane Now 91.5 and The Stockmen’s Memorial Foundation.
Thank you to Two Pharmacy and Tony’s Work and Western Wear for their donations.