Family Resource Network
Learn more about the 2021 Backpack Program here!
Does your family need help with school supplies?
Are you interested in making a monetary donation to the program?
Learn more about the Backpack Event on Thu, Aug 19, 6-8pm, Free,
The Cochrane and Area Family Resource Network provides a range of services and supports focused on strengthening parenting and caregiver knowledge, social support, access to community supports and resources, improving child development, building resiliency, and fostering well-being. Our services are strength-based, trauma-informed, inclusive, supportive, and respectful, with a strong focus on capacity building.
What we offer:
- Essential needs programs for families with children birth to 18 including food hamper program and access cards
- Supportive counselling and referrals to other community services including:
- System navigation and advocacy
- Early childhood development programs for birth to 6 – a range of play based programs to help families with young children gain and master skills in all developmental domains. Also provided in a few rural settings
- Developmental screening - parent friendly way to screen young children and identify potential developmental delays as early as possible
- Parent education sessions and support for families with children from birth to 18 – sessions offered throughout the year on a variety of topics
- Home Visitation Program for prenatal to 6 – offered by the Children’s Cottage, this program offers weekly in-home support for families
- Youth Prevention Programs – offered by Cochrane and Area Boys and Girls Club for youth 7-18.
Our services are strength-based, trauma-informed, inclusive, supportive, and respectful, with a strong focus on capacity building. Services are provided in partnership with the Town of Cochrane FCSS, the Children’s Cottage, and the Boys and Girls Club of Cochrane and Area.
Call us at 403-851-2265 or email us at FamilyResourceNetwork@cochrane.ca.
Check out our monthly program calendar.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get more info on upcoming programs and the events we're offering!
Ages & Stages Questionnaires®
Ages & Stages Questionnaires® provides reliable, accurate developmental and social-emotional screening for children between birth and age 6. Drawing on parents’ expert knowledge, ASQ has been specifically designed to pinpoint developmental progress and catch delays in young children—paving the way for meaningful next steps in learning, intervention, or monitoring.
Fill out an ASQ online and you will receive follow up with a Family Support Worker from the Family Resource Network!