The Town will repair the surface condition of approximately a few rear alleys in Riversong and Fireside.
Riversong and Fireside
Starting the week of August 22, residents in the communities of Sunset Ridge, Heritage Hills, Fireside and the Willows should anticipate crews completing asphalt maintenance in the back lanes.
Work is tentatively scheduled for Sunset Heights and Sunset Road from August 22-27 and Heritage Landing and Heritage Drive from August 29-September 3. The dates for Fireside and the Willows have not yet been determined but will be shared once available.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Access to garages and backyard parking pads will be limited during the paving operations.
- Short-term local parking bans will be put in place as work is completed.
- Fresh asphalt is extremely hot – please avoid the construction area.
- Waste and recycling bins should be placed at the front of your home during the duration of the construction. Scheduled pick-up days will not change.
- Signage will indicate when fresh oil is applied. If possible, avoid driving over it. Fresh oil will stick to your tires and transfer to your driveway.
August - September 2022
The project is required due to the asphalt failures in specific locations as a result of heavy truck traffic during construction. The current specifications for alleys are being reviewed by the Town of Cochrane's Engineering department and will be changed to ensure longevity.