- Essential Needs programs provide access to Cochrane Food bank, Cochrane Connect Card, and much more.
- We help with government systems navigation, advocacy, supportive counselling, and referrals to other community services.
- Early Childhood Development programs provide families an opportunity for social connections and play, while young children up to age 6, gain and master skills in all developmental domains.
- Ages and Stages screenings provide a snapshot on how your child is doing with communication, physical ability, social skills, and problem-solving skills. Screenings can identify your child’s strengths and any areas where your child may need support. You can fill out an ASQ online and a Family Support Worker will follow up with you. ASQ Online
- Parent Education sessions are offered throughout the year, on a variety of topics, for families with children birth to age 18.
- Home Visitation program provides in-home support to families with young children (birth to 6). Referrals made through FRN and service provided by Children’s Cottage.
- Youth supports and prevention programming is offered by BCG Cochrane & Area, for ages 7-18. Youth Outreach line: 403-618-3149. https://www.bgccochrane.ca/contact-us
We help build a healthy community and healthy brains, by supporting families with children (birth to 18), through programs and events:
Our services are strength based, trauma informed, inclusive, supportive, and respectful, with a focus on building capacity. Services are provided in partnership with the Town of Cochrane, FCSS, Children’s Cottage, and BGC for Cochrane & Area.
Brain health (including risk for physical and mental illness) is determined by more than just our genes. Learn how early experiences get built into our brains and bodies.
Brain Story Narrative » Alberta Family Wellness Initiative
How Brains are Build: The Core Story of Brain Development - You Tube