Cochrane Family & Community Support Services and Cochrane and Area United Way Partnership Grants
Cochrane Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a partnership between the Province and a Municipality or Metis Settlement that develops locally driven preventative social initiatives to enhance the social well-being of individuals, families and communities.
Every year, the Town of Cochrane, Cochrane Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) and United Way of Calgary and Area partner to provide grant funding for organizations that provide activities, programs and services that support the social well-being of individuals and families.
Grants are available to organizations working to address local social needs within Cochrane and neighbouring area.
The Town of Cochrane appoints a FCSS Advisory Board that identifies funding priorities, reviews applications and makes recommendations for funding to Town Council. The strategy screen used by the Advisory Board is attached to the applications.
To be eligible, program/projects must:
- Align with the FCSS mandate, and/or
- Align with the United Way of Calgary and Area mandate
Cochrane FCSS supports projects that:
- are preventative in nature,
- encourage and support volunteerism and collaboration/partnership, and
- address identified community needs.
United Way of Calgary and Area supports projects that:
- keep residents safe from abuse,
- assist vulnerable populations in developing skills to create healthy futures, or
- develop capacity in the community for programs to become sustainable.
Ineligible projects for both applications include: recreation, duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
A measure question from the FCSS Measures Bank must be used in the application and determines if the activities, programs and/or services fit into the funding approval criteria. There are questions available at the end of application you can pick from.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a funding agreement with the Town of Cochrane acting as fiscal agent for the Cochrane Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) and Cochrane and Area United Way Partnership and submit a final report which must be completed by Jan 31, 2024.
If you have any additional questions regarding the funding process, please contact Kim Krawec, Manager, Cochrane Family & Community Support Services.
- 2023 - Joint FCSS and United Way Grant Partnership Application - PDF
- 2023 - Joint FCSS and United Way Grant Partnership Application - Fillable PDF
Applications are due: Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at Noon.