Community Event Planning
Cancellation update: Community events
March 20, 2020
The Town of Cochrane, in consideration of the growing concerns and rapid changes surrounding COVID-19, has regretfully cancelled all scheduled and permitted outdoor community events on Town land until June 1, when the situation will be re-evaluated.
Our priority is to maintain the safety of our community, clients and staff, by minimizing the potential spread of the virus. We continue to follow the protocols and regulations set by government officials and Alberta Health Services, including their direction to cancel social gatherings of 10 or more people.
At this time, the Town is not cancelling scheduled and permitted future community events beyond June 1, however, this is subject to review.
To stay up to date on the Town of Cochrane’s COVID-19 response, please visit cochrane.ca/COVID-19.
Why do you need a Festival and Event Permit?
A Festival and Event application will identify when organized activities are planned in a park, road or venue so we can avoid scheduling conflicts.
It also ensures groups who are organizing activities in public spaces have the appropriate insurance and licensing.
Permit holders have priority and permission to use the space over non-permit holders.
Contact us early in your planning process. Major event applications must be submitted a minimum six weeks in advance of the event date. The Community Events Administrator will help you with the permit process.
Please complete and send a scanned copy or deliver it in person to 101 RancheHouse Road.
- Festival and Event Guidelines and Permit (Required for all events in a public park, road or venue)
- Noise Bylaw Exemption Application
- Waste Cart Request Form
- Building Permit Application for tents larger than 10 m2 (107 sq. ft). Applications must include tent specifications.
- Request a safety code inspection to be submitted after tents over 10 m2 (107 sq. ft) are constructed. Applications received after 3pm will be considered for the next business day. For more information call 403-851-2997.
Toilets in Mitford Park and the Cochrane Historic Ranche Site are available from the May long weekend until the last weekend in September (weather permitting). They automatically open at 7am and lock at 9pm.
Just complete and click! We’ll get in touch with you to finalize details and confirm availability:
- Digital Sign Request (Min. two weeks in advance; max. six months in advance). This free service is subject to availability.
- Fire Pit Reservation Request To reserve a fire pit at the Historic Cochrane Ranche Site or Mitford Park, complete at least one week before your desired date. Before using a fire pit, check the Town Fire Ban page.
Upcoming event road closures
Upcoming event traffic disruptions
No events planned at this time