Community Event Planning
The Community Events Administrator will help you with the permit process for public parks, roads and venues.
Contact us early in your planning process. Major event applications must be submitted a minimum six weeks in advance of the event date.
Toilets in Mitford Park and the Cochrane Historic Ranche Site are available from the May long weekend until the last weekend in September (weather permitting). They automatically open at 7am and lock at 9pm.
Why do you need a Festival and Event Permit?
A Festival and Event application will identify when organized activities are planned in a park, road or venue so we can avoid scheduling conflicts.
It also ensures groups who are organizing activities in public spaces have the appropriate insurance and licensing.
Permit holders have priority and permission to use the space over non-permit holders.
Please complete and send a scanned copy or deliver it in person to 101 RancheHouse Road.
- Festival and Event Guidelines and Permit (Required for all events in a public park, road or venue)
- Noise Bylaw Exemption Application
- Recycle Ranger Request Form
- Building Permit Application for tents larger than 10 m2 (107 sq. ft). Applications must include tent specifications.
- Request a safety code inspection to be submitted after tents over 10 m2 (107 sq. ft) are constructed. Applications received after 3:00 PM will be considered for the next business day. For more information call 403-851-2997.
Just complete and click! We'll get in touch with you to finalize details and confirm availability:
- Digital Sign Request (Min. two weeks in advance; max. six months in advance). This free service is subject to availability.
- Fire Pit Reservation Request To reserve a fire pit at the Historic Cochrane Ranche Site or Mitford Park, complete at least one week before your desired date. Before using a fire pit, check the Town Fire Ban page.
Upcoming event road closures
No events planned at this time.
Upcoming event road traffic disruption
Date: Friday, April 19th
Time: 10 am - 11 am
What: Walk of the Cross
Where: The walk begins on the corner of 2nd Street West and 2nd Ave, heads down 1st Street West and ends at the cenotaph on the corner of 1st and 1st. See Route Map