Seniors Tax Support Program
The tax program is a $500 refund on municipal property taxes for eligible seniors.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 60 years old.
- Applicants must be a residential property owner in Cochrane and be living in the residence of ownership.
- Applicants must not own any other property.
- Applicants must meet minimum income guidelines set out by the Seniors Benefit Program and passed by Council. Each owner on title is considered.
- For one owner on title the income must be under $28,150 to qualify for the $500 rebate. For two owners on title, who are considered spouses, the income information is combined and the combined incomes must be under $45,720. However, upon submission of involuntary separation documentation, only the income of the individual residing in the residence will be considered in the evaluation of the program application.
- Applications may be obtained at Family and Community Support Services (FCSS), however your initial application requires a booked appointment with FCSS staff; to book this appointment please call 403-851-2250. Subsequent applications may be done each year at the FCSS reception desk without an appointment.
- Applications must be received by FCSS prior to June 26, 2020 in order to receive a direct credit towards your 2020 taxes. After June 26, 2020, applicants are required to pay their property taxes in full by June 30, 2020 and receive their refund cheque after June 30, 2020. If you are on the TIPP program your TIPP payment will automatically be adjusted.
- All applications must be completed by December 31, 2020.
- Applicants must provide copy of their 2019 Revenue Canada Income Tax Notice of Assessment - Line 150 total income minus line 210 deduction for elected split-pension amount, minus line 208 if result of surviving spouse.
- All owners on the title must apply under the same application.
- Call FCSS for more information at 403-851-2250