Services for Seniors
Seniors and older adults in our community are active, vibrant and engaged in a variety of recreational, cultural and service programs.
Explore our Senior Services pages to find out more about programs and services available for Town of Cochrane and area residents 50 years of age and over.
Cochrane Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) runs program, activity and information sessions of interest to seniors. The mandate of FCSS is to provide residents with preventative social programs that promote, encourage and facilitate the development of a strong community through citizen involvement.
- Federal Programs - Call Service Canada at 800-277-9914
- Municipal Programs
- Cochrane Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) - Cochrane Connect Card
- Provincial Programs
- Caregivers Alberta
- Connecting DOTS (Dementia and Other Therapy / Services) - Download the resource booklet to review the many resources available
- Home Care - 403-851-6060
- Alberta Health Services
- Cochrane Community Health Centre - 403-851-6000
- HEALTHLink Alberta - Seniors' health concerns - Toll-free: 866-408-5465 (LINK) or Calgary: 403-943-5465
- Home Care - Cochrane (within the Calgary Zone) - 403-851-6060
- Seniors Health One Line Referral - 403-267-2991
Seniors' Rights & Advocacy
- Alberta Office of the Seniors Advocate
- Alberta Ombudsman: Supports administrative fairness of provincial programs (AHS, Provincial Government, health and accounting professionals) - 403-297-6185
- CARP - Canadian Association for adults ages 50 years and older - 888-363-2279
- National Seniors' Council
- Provincial Advisory Councils - Seniors & Continuing Care
Supportive Living & Long-Term Care Facilities
For a list of local facilities for seniors, visit the online Continuing Care Facility Directory.and search "care" or "nursing." Alberta Health Services maintains a list of hospitals and health facilities by region (Cochrane is in the Calgary region). Visit the
Assistance 24 Hours Per Day
Dial 211 to access to a wide variety of community, social and government services information.
Local Seniors' Organizations
If you are looking for more information and support, contact FCSS at 403-851-2250 or Seniors on the Bow Centre at 403-932-6002.