Announcing COLT: Cochrane On-Demand Local Transit
The Town revealed the name for Cochrane's new transit system on May 3, 2019. Find out more about COLT: Cochrane On-demand Local Transit.
On November 26, 2018, Council gave Administration the green light to move ahead with a local on-demand transit system and directed administration to negotiate and enter into a contract with Southland Transportation. News release.
Let's Talk Transit
The Town of Cochrane enagaged the community to investigate the delivery of an effective and efficient local transit service for our community. Find out more.
Youth Council presentation
Cochrane Youth Council discussed transit in Cochrane at their March 20, 2018 meeting.
Local transit update January 2017
On January 9, 2017, Town Council approved the Transit Feasibility Study and directed Administration to move forward with an amended GreenTRIP funding application to the province. The Town has until 2021 to use the GreenTRIP funding.
January 9 presentations to Council:
- Overview, background and recommendations from Administration
- Local transit feasibility study (presented by Calgary Transit consultants)
- Regional Transportation and Complete Mobility presented by CRP to Council April 13, 2015
- Transit Alternatives Report presented to Council March 25, 2013
- Transit Public Engagement plan presented to Council February 13, 2012
- Transit strategy presentation: overview and options presented to Council November 14, 2011
- Transit report: presented to Council November 14, 2011
- Transit Feasibility Study Phase 2 – Implementation Plan: January 5, 2011
- Transit Feasibility Report April 2010 presented to Council April 12, 2010