Signs are a great way to get the word out about events and opportunities in Cochrane, but there are rules that must be followed.
- Businesses may only put signs on their property unless receiving landowner authorization for another property.
- Special events may be allowed to place temporary signs in some locations. Check Community Event Planning for details to help plan your community event.
- Non-profit groups are invited to submit requests for the Town's digital signs (at least two weeks in advance). Free; subject to availability.
Community Digital Signs
The Town has community digital signs at two locations:
- Fifth Ave and Glenbow Dr
- Griffin Rd across from the Protective Services Centre
If you represent a local non-profit or community organization, you may request space on the digital signs to help promote your programs and events. Communications staff layout, upload and schedule all digital sign content.
Cochrane's Land Use Bylaw outlines permitted and discretionary uses and regulations for signs on commercial buildings.
- Complete the application form and provide required documents
- Pay the $75 fee
- Allowed for a maximum 30 days on approved location
Blue highway signs
The blue highway signs are operated by the Alberta Transportation. Call 403-932-3383 for more information.