- You Are Here:
- Parks & Open Spaces
- Parks and Recreation Month
Parks and Recreation Month
Celebrate parks and recreation month.
Here are 30 low or no cost things to do in Cochrane in June!
1. Play a game of ball hockey on the Tim Bannister Memorial Rink
2. Attend a Senior’s Week event June 3 – June 9
3. Dare to skateboard or scooter at Zero Gravity Skateboard Park
4. Organize a neighbourhood scavenger hunt
5. Pick a different trail each day and enjoy time with family on a discovery walk through the 60+ km of pathways
6. Bring your four legged friend for a playful afternoon at one of the four local dog parks (two currently open)
7. Gather the neighbours for a block party!
8. Cool off at the splash park at Spray Lakes Family Sports Centre.
9. Play basketball at one of the schools
10. Discover the Ranche! Walk the trails through Cochrane Ranche Historic Park Site.
11. Register for Kids Can Catch!
12. Spend a morning at a Clubhouse Art Walk
13. Taste your way through the Farmer’s Market
14. Visit the Cochrane Public Library
15. Play a game of tennis at one of the 2 outdoor courts.
16. Try out disc golf in Riverfront Park!
17. Challenge your neighbours to a game of baseball at one of the 12 local ball diamonds
18. Neighbourhood to neighbourhood challenge to a game of baseball
19. Book the Fun Van to come to your neighbourhood playground for an afternoon of awesomeness!
20. Catch a fish at Mitford pond
21. Find the Man of Vision and the Chicken Lady
22. Fly a kite!
23. Organize a pick-up game of soccer
24. Go for a bike ride
25. Relax with a picnic in one of Cochrane’s 37 parks and playgrounds
26. Organize a neighbourhood clean-up
27. Join a community garden
28. Register for Clubhouse Kids Camp or Art & Drama Summer Camp!
29. Propose a neighbourhood wide game of tag or hide-and-go-seek
30. Participate in the Playground Passport Program through the Parent Link Centre!