FINANCIAL INFORMATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (FIRM) PROGRAM
Are your stressed about your financial situation?
Do you have a difficult time paying for all your expenses each month?
The FIRM Program is to support and educate individuals and families to better understand their personal finances, budgeting, reduce financial stress, and empower them to reach their financial goals. The program is offered either individually or in group format.
Individual and Family Support:
An intake assessment session is completed to determine the needs of the client. This could include identifying financial issues that are causing stress and worry, determining financial resources, and potential goals may be discussed.
First and/or subsequent sessions provide:
- Personal asset coaching
- Basic money management skills
- Creating a manageable budget
- Debt repayment plans
- Banking information
- Resource information
Group Information Sessions:
Information sessions are offered to provide participants with an introduction to basic money management skills and an understanding of financial wellbeing. Sessions help participants identify knowledge and skills they already possess as well as identify areas where they may want additional information or support.
For more information or to access the FIRM program Individual or Group sessions please call 403-851-2250.
Additional Financial Management Resources:
- Government of Canada financial supports:
- The Government of Canada - Money and Finances:
- The Government of Canada - Budgeting tool:
- Province of Alberta financial supports:
- Information for employers and employees in Alberta:
Visit Support for employers and employees (Alberta.ca)
- Momentum Calgary – Financial Literacy Education & support:
- Money Mentors - Credit counselling, debt repayment program and more:
Each month, every Alberta resident (18 years or older) who successfully completes a Money Mentors free online course will have their name entered to win $500 the following month. Draws will be made each month to announce the lucky winner. The more courses you complete, the greater your chances are of winning.
- Alberta Income Support:
- ALIS Alberta – training and career support:
- Credit Counselling Society:
- Financial support translated into other languages:
Visit Calgary’s Poverty Reduction Strategy Team - Enough for All