The situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve. The health and well-being of our community is a top priority.
We update local COVID numbers in our FAQ.
PROVINCIAL UPDATE: MAY 5
New health measures are in place starting May 5 for regions with more than 50 active COVID cases, including Cochrane. Restrictions are in place at least until May 26 and will be extended if necessary.
- Outdoor social gatherings reduced to no more than five people
- Retail limited to 10% of fire code occupancy
- Restaurants, bars, pubs, lounges and cafes take out and delivery only (as of 11:59pm May 9)
- Personal and wellness services must close (as of 11:59pm May 9)
- Health, social, professional services by appointment only (as of 11:59pm May 9)
TOWN FACILITY CLOSURES: MAY 7
The Town of Cochrane is closing some public facilities to the public to extend virus protection for staff and the community.
Work inside facilities continues, with staff accessible by email and phone.
- Cochrane Visitor Information Centre: Closed as of 8:30am, Friday May 7, 2021 https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16944.aspx, Other info: https://www.cochrane-tourism.ca/
- Operations Shop: Remains closed firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Resource Network (FRN): Remains open 9am-12pm & 1-4pm M-F, 403-851-2250, email@example.com
- Protective Services Centre: Remains closed, 403-851-2500
- Family and Community Support Services (FCSS): Remains open 9am-4pm M-F, 403-851-2250, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cochrane RancheHouse Closed as of 8:30am, Monday May 10, 2021 403-851-2500
- This does not include the pre-schools or vaccination clinics.
- Make payments through online banking, phone banking or at the bank.
The public is asked to follow Alberta Health protocols and to check with specific facilities about their closures or restrictions.
LOCAL VACCINATION SITE ANNOUNCED: COCHRANE RANCHEHOUSE
The Cochrane RancheHouse is proud to participate as an AHS COVID-19 vaccination centre and help support the provincial vaccination roll out.
IMPORTANT: all booking is done through AHS: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17295.aspx
Need transportation? There's a COLT stop at the RancheHouse. Book your trip
PROVINCIAL MANDATORY MASK REQUIREMENT STILL IN EFFECT
We want Cochrane to thrive, for businesses to stay open and for our residents to stay healthy. Together, we can help prevent the spread.
- Download the Wear Your Mask Here signage
- AHS guidance for wearing masks: https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx
- How to clean face coverings (PDF)
- How to store face coverings (PDF)
- Improper use of face coverings (PDF)
- Proper use of face coverings (PDF)
- Take face coverings off carefully (PDF)
If you’re concerned about your own health or symptoms, call HealthLink at 811.
The Town’s key objectives related to COVID-19:
- Flatten the curve (physical distancing is key)
- Avoid overwhelming the health care system
- Keep critical systems and people working
Download the #CochraneSaysThanks poster, colour it and then share a picture on social media using the #CochraneSaysThanks hashtag!
Check out the #CochraneSaysThanks video and performance contributions:
- Tynan T. singing Vittoria Mio Core by Giacomo Carissimi
- Keelyn T. singing Ein Schwan by Edvard Grieg
- Cochrane businesses say thanks
- Cochrane Fire and Protective Services say thanks
- Aaron Kenny says thanks
Share these graphics on social media, drop off a help card to an isolated neighbour or print a poster to display in your window to show your neighbours we’re in this together. And together, we’ll get through it.