(Cochrane, AB) – Cochrane is excited to announce the launch of its new and user-friendly website, cochrane.ca, designed to enhance accessibility, streamline information, and provide an intuitive online experience for residents, businesses, and visitors.
In response to the evolving digital landscape, Cochrane's administration recognized the imperative need for a website overhaul. Council approved $150,000 in the 2023 capital budget dedicated to the development of a modernized and user-centric online platform. The project's multifaceted goals were meticulously designed to enhance user experience, accessibility and overall community engagement.
The primary objectives of the website redevelopment project included:
- Intuitive navigation: The website incorporates user-centric navigation that reflects the perspectives and expectations of our diverse stakeholders.
- Mobile-responsive design: Recognizing that many users access websites from their mobile device, ensuring the layout of the site was responsive and adaptive to this was a critical deliverable.
- Accessibility standards: Cochrane is committed to inclusivity, and the website aligns with accessibility standards, making it screen reader-friendly and adaptable to different languages.
- Streamlined content and simplified language: The new website features streamlined content and simplified language to facilitate easier comprehension and engagement.
- Modernized look and feel: Cochrane.ca has undergone a transformation to exude a modernized and vibrant aesthetic, mirroring the energy and innovation of the community and organization.
A pivotal aspect of this project involved consolidating nearly 500 pages of content spread across various existing websites into a centralized hub— cochrane.ca. This consolidation ensures that residents, businesses, and visitors can access a wealth of information conveniently in one location.
Kristin Huybrecht, Manager of Intergovernmental Relations & Corporate Communications expressed excitement about the launch, stating, "The new Cochrane.ca is not just a website; it's a dynamic reflection of our community's vibrancy and progress. It represents our commitment to innovation, accessibility, and a seamless digital experience for everyone in our growing community."
The launch of Cochrane's revamped website marks a significant milestone in Cochrane’s digital presence, reinforcing its dedication to transparency, accessibility, and community engagement.
The community is encouraged to visit the new Cochrane.ca to explore, discover and get in touch.