If you’re starting or moving a business to Cochrane, welcome!
We wish you and your business every success here. All businesses in Cochrane require a business licence, whether temporary or annually.
Applying for a business licence
Depending on the type of business and your location, you may also need a municipal development permit or other municipal, provincial and federal authorizations. Follow the steps in BizPaL for a complete list.
To apply for a new business licence:
- Complete the Business Licence Application below.
- Book a fire inspection (physical locations and storefronts only).
Once your application and fees are received, you will receive a Business Licence Certificate. Post the annual certificate in your business location or carry a card wallet to show proof of your current Business Licence on demand.
Fees and payment
You can pay your annual business licence renewal:
- through eServices with a credit card (invoice number required)
- by phone 403-851-2573
- by mail; please make cheques out to “Town of Cochrane”.
- in person with (cash, cheque, debit or credit card) at The Station at Cochrane Crossing or at the RanchHouse.
- by dropping a cheque off after hours at the RanchHouse , 101 RanchHouse Road or Family or Community Support Services, 209 Second Avenue W. - East Side Entrance.
- In person at most banks or financial institutions.