Cochrane has over 80 kilometres of pathways, trails and public sidewalks. This pathway system helps connect our community.
Use the Parks and Recreation amenities map to find your new favourite trail or plan your next walk. The interactive map has information on current and future paths and the pathway surface (asphalt, gravel, etc.).
Sidewalk/Pathway snow & ice clearing
Within 48 hours after a snowfall, Cochrane clears snow from sidewalks and pathways including:
- sidewalks adjacent to Cochrane owned buildings, properties and Cochrane maintained parks.
- sidewalks adjacent to public schools
- municipally maintained stairway links within communities
- bridge walkways across the Bow River and Jumping Pound Creek.
- asphalt pathways and sidewalks adjacent to roadways, allowing pedestrian access to the downtown core
- asphalt pathways within parks and environmental reserves
- asphalt pathway links
Areas not designated to be cleared of snow:
- residential sidewalks
- unpaved pathways within parks and environmental reserves
Sanding & salting
Sanding and salting of streets, lanes and sidewalks is done to ensure a reasonable level of safety for motorists and pedestrians.
|Title Sort descending
|First Street East Tennis Courts
|417 1st St E. Cochrane, AB T4C 2K8
|Gleneagles Ball Diamond
|60 Gleneagles Dr Cochrane, AB T4C 2K8
|Mitford North Soccer Field
|207a West Rock Rd Cochrane, AB T4C 2K8
|Mitford School Ball Diamond
|190 West McDougal Rd Cochrane, AB T4C 2K8
|Zero Gravity Skate Park
|201 West Rock Rd Cochrane, AB T4C 2K8