(Cochrane, AB) The Town of Cochrane is recruiting dedicated individuals to serve on a Board, Commission or Committee (Council Committee). Fourteen public-at-large positions are available on Council Committees, inviting Cochrane residents to bring their voice, vision and abilities to collaborate with members of Council and Administration on important Cochrane matters.
Cochrane is accepting applications for the following vacancies:
Parks and Recreation Committee (four positions available)
- The Parks and Recreation Committee reviews existing community parks and recreation services and issues and advises on future needs for programming and infrastructure.
Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) Advisory Board (three positions available)
- The FCSS Advisory Board helps identify and address social issues through program delivery to enhance, strengthen and stabilize family and community life.
Cochrane Planning Commission (CPC) (one position available)
- The CPC considers development and redesignation applications and acts as the approving authority on development and subdivision matters to the extent required by the Land Use Bylaw (Bylaw 01/2022).
Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (SDAB) (three positions available)
- The SDAB hears appeals regarding decisions made by the development officer, the Development Authority or the Cochrane Planning Commission with respect to subdivisions, development permits or stop orders issued by the Town of Cochrane.
Library Board (three positions available)
- The Library Board is responsible for managing and regulating the operation of the library and encouraging the development of services and activities. Preference will be given to individuals with fundraising backgrounds, or experience in the planning or development of new infrastructure/facility projects.
“Embrace the spirit of openness, fairness and the desire to make a difference in your community – we invite all those with these qualities to join us as volunteers on a Council committee," says Jaylene Knight, Director of Legislative and Administrative Services, Town of Cochrane. "Being a part of a board, committee, or commission is an excellent opportunity to offer guidance and insights to enhance the well-being of our residents and the vitality of our community."
Applications to serve on a Cochrane Board, Committee or Commission are due by Friday, October 27, 2023. Any Town of Cochrane resident (or Rocky View County resident for the Library Board), 18 years of age or older, may apply. Qualified applicants will be appointed by Council in late 2023 and begin their term in January 2024.
For more information, visit Cochrane.ca/committees or contact email@example.com.