Volunteers are people from all walks of life, all ages and stages. What they have in common is the desire to make a difference in their community, and in their own life, by giving their time and expertise.
Considerations Before Volunteering
- Where are my interests?
- If money was not an issue, what would I do with my time?
- What skills do I have to offer?
- What kind of commitment do I want to make?
- What will fit with my lifestyle and availability?
- Do I support the values and mission of the organization I'm thinking of volunteering with?
Volunteers are essential to our way of life and have a positive impact on the way our communities develop and operate. You'll also have:
- Opportunities to meet new people and become familiar with the community.
- Satisfaction that comes when providing service.
- More excitement in your life.
- Opportunities for continuous learning and personal growth.
- Career development, items for your resume, new job skills.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Opportunities to help solve local issues and become a leader in your community.
- A chance to give back and make our community a better place to live.
- New challenges, skills and experiences.
- Lots of fun!
Volunteer Cochrane is one of 200 volunteer centres in Canada that offer services dedicated to supporting volunteers and the non-profit organizations that engage volunteers in their community. Volunteer Cochrane hosts a variety of events and programs to promote volunteerism, to raise awareness of the value of volunteering and to celebrate the contributions of volunteers.
Are you looking to volunteer or post volunteer opportunities?
Volunteering is an ideal way to contribute and make a positive impact on the community. There are plenty of ways to get involved!
VolunteerConnector is the go-to platform that connects volunteers with non-profits in and around Cochrane.
It easy for you to find an activity or program that suits your skills and interests!
Note: most organizations require volunteers to get a criminal record check. Find out how.
Check out some videos from some of our local organizations:
- Big Hill Haven
- Cochrane Activettes
- Cochrane Community Helpers Program
- Cochrane Home Treasures
- Cochrane Humane Society
- Cochrane Immigrant Services Committee
- Cochrane Integrated Arts Society
- Cochrane Society for Housing Options and Home Reno Heaven
- Cochrane Victim Services
- Helping Hands Society of Cochrane & Area
- Seniors for Kids Society
- Seniors on the Bow
For additional volunteer opportunities and information, fill out the contact form above.
Volunteer Cochrane is a program of Cochrane Family and Community Support Services (FCSS).