- You Are Here:
- Social Support Services
- Food and Essentials
Food and Essentials
We believe that all community members have the right to food, shelter, transportation, and other basic needs. To that end, we have partnered with other organizations, funders and volunteers to provide the following:
Access to Food:
Cochrane Activettes Food Bank
- The Cochrane Activettes, Cochrane Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) and Cochrane & Area Family Resource Network (FRN) partner to ensure that no one in our community goes hungry.
- No financial proof of hardship required
- Eligibility for access is residency in Cochrane, West Rocky View County & Cremona
- Food hampers must be requested in advance
To request a food hamper:
- For families with children 0-18 years call the Cochrane & Area Family Resource Network (FRN) at 403-851-2265.
- For individuals/families with children 18+, older adults and rural residents call the Cochrane Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) at 403-851-2250.
Helping Hands Society of Cochrane & Area - Free Food Sheds
A community food exchange program that promotes food security while tackling food waste.
- East shed located at St. Andrew's United Church, 128 First Street E
- West shed located at Bow Valley Baptist Church, 54 West Aarsby Road W
A take what you need and leave what you can free food initiative. An elegantly simple solution to community hunger that's open and available 24/7 to anyone at any time. Humans taking care of other humans. Visit their website.
Meals For Your Freezer - Cochrane FCSS & Helping Hands Society of Cochrane & Area:
- For individuals and families who would benefit from access to prepared frozen meals. Frozen Entrées offer choice and flexibility while providing meals that are heart healthy and diabetic friendly. Each meal is well balanced and includes a starch, protein, and vegetable. Meals cost $6.50 each and soup is $5.
- Printable version of the Order form
- PDF Fillable version of the Order form
Cochrane and Area Food Connections - Your Local Guide to Food Resources
Cochrane and Area Food Connections is a team of passionate community members dedicated to creating an accessible, affordable and sustainable food system in Cochrane and neighbouring areas. Visit their website.
To view the local Food Guide, click here.