Volunteers are people from all walks of life, all ages and stages. What they have in common is the desire to make a difference in their community, and in their own life, by giving their time and expertise.
Considerations before volunteering
- Where are my interests?
- If money was not an issue, what would I do with my time?
- What skills do I have to offer?
- What kind of commitment do I want to make?
- What will fit with my lifestyle and availability?
- Do I support the values and mission of the organization I'm thinking of volunteering with?
Volunteers are essential to our way of life and have a positive impact on the way our communities develop and operate. You'll also have:
- Opportunities to meet new people and become familiar with the community.
- Satisfaction that comes when providing service.
- More excitement in your life.
- Opportunities for continuous learning and personal growth.
- Career development, items for your resume, new job skills.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Opportunities to help solve local issues and become a leader in your community.
- A chance to give back and make our community a better place to live.
- New challenges, skills and experiences.
- Lots of fun!
Are you looking to volunteer or post volunteer opportunities?
Volunteering is an ideal way to contribute and make a positive impact on the community. There are plenty of ways to get involved!
VolunteerConnector is the go-to platform that connects volunteers with non-profits in and around Cochrane.
It easy for you to find an activity or program that suits your skills and interests!
Note: most organizations require volunteers to get a criminal record check. Find out how.
Check out some videos from some of our local organizations:
- Big Hill Haven
- Cochrane Activettes
- Cochrane Community Helpers Program
- Cochrane Home Treasures
- Cochrane Humane Society
- Cochrane Immigrant Services Committee
- Cochrane Integrated Arts Society
- Cochrane Society for Housing Options and Home Reno Heaven
- Cochrane Victim Services
- Helping Hands Society of Cochrane & Area
- Seniors for Kids Society
- Seniors on the Bow