Are you prepared for an emergency?
Explore the following links to discover information and resources on emergency preparedness. From building emergency kits, to creating evacuation plans, these resources will help you navigate emergency situations. Cochranites can become better prepared to face a range of emergencies and it is important to consider the following:
- Know the risks – although the consequences of disasters can be similar, knowing the risks specific to the community can help better prepare.
- Make a plan – it will help you to know what to do in case of an emergency.
- Get an emergency kit as basic supplies will be important and you should be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours into an emergency.
You can start building resilience in your community with these quick tips:
- Start with a friendly wave and say hello. Talking about the weather can help start a conversation.
- Create a shared contact list so you can stay connected during good times, and bad times.
- Set up a buddy system for things like getting the mail when you’re out of town, or for checking in on each other during a heat wave.
For more information, visit Get Prepared.