- You Are Here:
- Seniors on the Bow Centre
- Seniors' Week
Celebrating Adults 50+ In Cochrane & Area Through a Week of Storytelling and Community Events
Seniors’ Week takes place from June 7-13, 2021, and is a province-wide celebration of those over 50 in our community.
All events to celebrate this week are being held virtually, so that people can maintain safe, physical distancing.
- All sessions are free and require registration. Register here or call FCSS 403-851-2250.
- All sessions are online, phone-in options are listed below. Recordings may be available for some sessions.
- Need a tablet to join or some help with technology? Contact the library to borrow a tablet or schedule a support appointment with Bev 403-932-4353.
|Mon June 7|
Business Hours Apply
Free Medium Drip Coffee and 20% Off Purchases
Mon Jun 7
Workshop: Achieving Balance in the Second Half of Life
Tue Jun 8
|Online Gentle Yoga With Jill Novak|
Gentle movements designed to enhance flexibility, strength and balance. Modifications made for those with limitations. You will need a sturdy chair. Register here
|Tue Jun 8||2-3pm|
Ranching Under the Arch, Stories from the Southern Alberta Rangelands with Author Larraine Andrews - In Partnership With Stockmen's Memorial Foundation
Tue Jun 8
Zumba Gold With Alison
Wed Jun 9
Qigong With Jill Allen
Wed Jun 9
Community Coffee with the Mayor - Hosted by Seniors on the Bow
|Thu Jun 10||10:30-11:30am||Zumba Gold With Alison|
Dance style fitness class that has pacing to suit the needs of older adults with zesty music and easy to follow moves! Register here
|Thu Jun 10||12-1:30pm|
Workshop: These Mountains are our Sacred Places: The Story Of The Stoney People
|Sat Jun 12||10-11am or 2-3pm|
Storytelling Alberta: Kindness of Strangers
Thank you to all of the organizations/businesses as listed in the Senior Week Schedule who are providing a service or partnering to host an event in celebration of our seniors. Thank you to Mairfair Diagnostics for their generous donation.
For more information about Mayfair Diagnostics, including the latest health and wellness news, visit radiology.ca.
Ways to Celebrate and Support Seniors
- Stay connected with older adults in your life. Make a call, email or send letters to check in, host a family dinner online, virtual game nights, or send letters or cards to those in continuing care facilities.
- Offer to assist with grocery and prescription purchases.
- Do telephone check-ins.
- Recognize outstanding seniors and let them know.
- Volunteer with groups that support seniors.
Tour Museums From Around the World
PAWS Your Stress
Need a little fluff in your life? Meet the St. John Ambulance therapy dogs online. Watch Facebook live videos with the furry pals where you can ask questions about the dogs. You can also watch past videos online. Visit the Therapy Dogs website or social media:
Paws Your Stress Facebook
Paws Your Stress Instagram
Paws Your Stress Twitter
Paws Your Stress YouTube
Senior Specific Learning around Technology and Internet
Learn new skills and how to get the most out of technology and online services with these senior-friendly videos and workshops. Cyber-Seniors is committed to keeping senior citizens socially connected while remaining safe in their homes. FREE for Seniors. Visit the Cyber-Seniors website.
Volunteer from Home or in the Community
Look for a local volunteer opportunity whether it be volunteering from your home or in the community. To find out more about volunteering in Cochrane, visit the Volunteer Connector website or call FCSS 403-851-2250.
Complete a Task With Help From a Volunteer
Our community volunteers are trained in safety precautions around COVID-19. They know how to help while also keeping you safe.
- Call Helping Hands 587-580-9448 or send an email.