Cochrane Eco Centre is a self-sorting facility. Attendants are on-site at all times and reserve the right to refuse material due to site capacity restrictions. Our Health and Safety policy restricts scavenging in the yard.
Cochrane Eco Centre yard waste drop-off
Please sort materials into the appropriate bin and remove from any bags.
- Grass clippings (April – November)
- Leaves (April – November)
- Pumpkins (October/November)
- Tree trimmings (year-round)
- Branches (year-round)
- Christmas trees (January)
Cochrane Eco Centre site rules apply:
- The Seasonal Yard Waste program is not available for commercial firms, landscape or maintenance companies.
- Tree trimmings and branches must be sorted separately from grass clippings and leaves, and; deposited into the correct bin. Maximum branch/tree diameter is 15 cm.
- Yard waste load sizes are limited to 1/2 a level pick up truck load (standard level 8ft box) per user per week due to limited site capacity. The site operator may restrict the acceptance of any load at their discretion if the site capacity is at risk. A reminder that the intention of the Cochrane Eco Centre is to provide recycling drop-off services for small volumes of recyclables; large loads should utilize facilities designed to accommodate large loads such as ECCO, City of Calgary Landfills, Cascades Recovery, Recycling Worx and Capital Paper.
Main Building - OPEN
Side Yard - OPEN
Back of Main Building
Items not accepted
Yard Waste bin OPEN (mid-April/mid-November)
Leaves, grass, non-invasive weeds and garden debris go in the yard waste bin. There are no bags allowed in this bin. If you come with bags, please dump the leaves and grass into the bin and either recycle or reuse your bags. The leaves and grass bin is not available for commercial firms, landscape or maintenance companies. Sod, all forms of mulch and soil need to go to a Calgary landfill. Landfill rates will apply.