Cochrane RCMP offers criminal records checks and civilian fingerprinting exclusively to residents within our jurisdiction. View the area served:
Record checks will be performed on a walk-in basis:
- Vulnerable Sector Check (includes a Criminal Record Check)
- Criminal Record Check (also known as a Police Screening Check, Local Indices Check, CRC, CPIC Check)
Fingerprinting (Certified Criminal Record Check) is processed by appointment only.
Applications must be completed in person at an RCMP detachment by the applicant. Proof of ID and physical residence is required. To book an appointment, or for general inquiries, please call 403-851-8000 during regular office hours.
What to bring
- Two pieces of government issued ID, one must have your photo on it
- Proof of your current physical house address (P.O. Boxes are not acceptable, this must be a house or site address)
- If applicable, a volunteer or practicum letter confirming your position/enrolment with an organization/school
What kind of record check do you need?
Vulnerable Sector Checks
Vulnerable Sector Checks are for those who are working within the vulnerable sector.
Criminal Record Checks
Criminal Record Checks are for those who are not in a position of authority or trust over a vulnerable person.
Certified Criminal Record Check
Certified Criminal Record Checks (fingerprinting) are for those who require government level security clearance, or who need to prove what their criminal record is if they have one.