The role of a municipal Planning department is to handle planning policies and procedures and provide expert advice to Council, the Cochrane Planning Commission (CPC), and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB), as well as the general public.
This general information is designed to provide overview information about planning in Cochrane. For specific processes and plans, please see the other pages in this section (menu at left).
You may come across these Town acronyms as you look for more information.
- ARP - Area Redevelopment Plan
- ASP - Area Structure Plan
- CPC - Cochrane Planning Commission
- CREP - Calgary Region Economic Partnership
- CRP - Calgary Regional Partnership
- CSP - Cochrane Sustainability Plan
- DA - Development Authority
- DO - Development Officers
- DP - Development Permit
- DTARP - Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan
- EDA - Economic Developers Alberta
- EDAC - Economic Developers Association of Canada
- EDO - Economic Development Officer
- IDP - Intermunicipal Development Plan (between the town and Rocky View County)
- LUB - Land Use Bylaw
- MDP - Municipal Development Plan
- SA - Subdivision Authority
- SD - Subdivision Plan Application
- SDAB - Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- SNS - Statutory / Non-Statutory Plan Application
- VIC - Visitor Information Centre