Local businesses are participating in the countdown to the opening of Cochrane’s new aquatic, curling and multisport centre by offering unique products.
Starting June 1, local businesses will introduce special products or services in support of Rock the Waves, with a portion of proceeds going to the fundraising campaign.
The countdown runs until June 25, the new facility’s official ribbon cutting ceremony.
Many local businesses have special items planned:
• Big Hill Pizza: Big wave pizza special with ham, pineapple and cheddar cheese
• Cob’s Fresh Bread: Blue sprinkle fun bun
• Cochrane Coffee Traders: Rock the Waves special blend coffee
• Half Hitch Brewery: Rock the Waves beer cask promotion
• Half Hitch Brewery: Signature cocktail featuring Krang’s RTW sour cherry spirit
• Jugo Juice: Rock the Waves (big blue) smoothie
• Krang Distillery: Rock the Waves sour cherry signature spirit
• Mackay’s Cochrane Ice Cream: Rock the Waves shark attack ice cream
• Pat’s Palate Pleasers: Rock the Waves hot chocolate
There are also non-food businesses participating:
• Cochrane Movie House: Screen time to promote the countdown
• Ideal Weight Management: test your antioxidant level and body composition
More are being added all the time. Check RocktheWaves.ca for the full list. Participating businesses will also be identified by a window poster at their locations.
Any Cochrane business can participate; contact Rebecka Freels at email@example.com or 403-851-2576.
Watch for more details about the ribbon cutting ceremony coming soon.
Rock the Waves’ campaign goal is to raise $10.6 million in the community in contributions and sponsorships