Who maintains parks and roads in new areas?

Developers of new subdivisions install infrastructure to service new homes: water mains, hydrants, storm ponds, swales, sewers, roads, sidewalks, pathways, parks and more. Infrastructure must comply with regulations and pass Town inspections. After they pass inspections, Construction Completion Certificates (CCC) are issued and maintenance periods (1-3 years) are served. The Town performs a final inspection; if the infrastructure is in acceptable condition, the Town issues a Final Acceptance Certificate (FAC). Once an FAC is issued, the Town accepts ownership of the infrastructure and takes over service and maintenance.

Show All Answers

1. Who maintains parks and roads in new areas?
2. Where can I find what's planned for my neighbourhood?
3. How does the Town decide where pathways are built?
4. Can I give feedback on Town plans?