How do I get the Town of Cochrane Seniors Property Tax Rebate?
  • This program is available for Town of Cochrane homeowners age 60years +.
  • Applicants must be a residential property owner in Cochrane and be living in the residence of ownership.
  • Applicants must not own any other property.
  • Applicants must meet the minimum income guidelines set out by the Alberta Seniors Benefit Program and passed by Town Council each year. Call the FCSS office to find out if you qualify at 403-851-2250.
  • Each year applicants must bring a copy of your Canada Revenue Tax Assessment and complete a one page form at the FCSS office. If two people are on title, both parties must sign the form.
  • If you qualify, you can get a $500 rebate on your property taxes.
  • If you are on the TIPP program, your payments will be adjusted.
  • The program is available all year, but does have cut off dates if you would like the rebate before your property taxes are due. Call the office for details.

Show All Answers

1. Do you have a family with kids from birth to 18 years of age?
2. How I can find child care in Cochrane?
3. How and where do I get a food hamper?
4. How do I apply for social assistance?
5. Is there any affordable housing in Cochrane?
6. I would like to see a Resource Worker, but what can they do for me?
7. How much does a Criminal Record Check cost?
8. How can I find out about volunteer services and how I can get involved?
9. How do I order Meals for Your Freezer?
10. Where do I find the Town Program & Activity Guide?
11. What does Cochrane have to offer for seniors housing?
12. How do I get connected to Seniors on the Bow?
13. How do I get the Town of Cochrane Seniors Property Tax Rebate?
14. What is the Volunteer Income Tax Program?
15. How do I find out about Cochrane's On-Demand Local Transit system? (COLT)
16. I am new to Cochrane, where do I look to see what Cochrane has to offer?